Entrepreneurs in Residence
When you complete the SUND Hub Incubator program, you can apply to become an entrepreneur in residence.
As an entrepreneur in residence, you can continue the use of SUND Hub's facilities and access to experts in order to continue the development and scaling of your startup.
You participate in creating an environment where new teams can meet more experienced entrepreneurs. You must be willing to share your experience and knowledge to inspire new teams.
SUND Hub's staff cannot give you sparring or business development, but you are welcome at events for new teams on relevant themes for early-stage startups.
Application criteria and obligations
To become an Entrepreneur in Residence you must:
- Have at least one active student from the University of Copenhagen on your team at the beginning of your 6 months period as Entrepreneur in Residence.
- Have completed the SUND Hub Incubator program or similar. You must have experience with the themes in the program.
- Participate as a sparring partner for new teams. For example by meeting teams with similar challenges that you have faced, or by giving short presentations about your own startup journey.
- Take the lead in hosting social events (Christmas party, summer get-together, etc.) to ensure good integration and peer learning between new and old members of the hub.
- Take part in the practical tasks to keep the hub nice (empty the dishwasher etc.).
- Introduce new members to the prototyping lab.
How to apply
Entrepreneurs in Residence can continue as long as they meet the criteria above. Every 6 months you need to send a new application to continue as Entrepreneur in Residence.
Apply by email to email@example.com and include the following:
- Describe why you want to continue in SUND Hub as Entrepreneur in Residence and how much you expect to use the hub.
- Describe your team - including how much of your studies at the University of Copenhagen you/your team member have left.
- Describe how your startup has developed since the beginning of your membership in SUND Hub
- Describe which experience or knowledge you/your team can share with other teams.
The applications will be reviewed according to the criteria and room capacity at the application time.
SUND Hub office space and business development
When participating in one of SUND Hubs programs you have access to SUND Hub. Here you can expand your knowledge on idea development and when you are ready get help to apply for funding, find new team members and expand your network.
You get access to:
- Office space (Flexdesk) at Nørre Allé 41
- Meeting rooms and kitchen facilities
- Free coffee, tea and fruit
- Prototype-lab (Paper, 3D printer, tools etc.)
- Free advice and coaching from external experts: Lawyer, accountant, designer
You will be part of a community
- Knowledge sharing with like minded student startups
- Team meetings and network
- Participation in events
- Access to the teams' Facebook group
As part of our community you help create a good collaborative environment. You contribute to keeping the hub a nice place and take part in the practical tasks. You will be part of an environment where teams help each other and can use each others experience. Be ready to share your experience and ask when ever you need help for your next step.